Search For any Recipes Around the World
How to Make Coconut Burfi- Coconut Barfi, Nariyal Barfi or Thengai Burfi is one the delicious and easy to make desserts. It is perfect for any occasion or festival. This coconut burfi is easy to make and you can easily prepare at home.As we know that festival season starts and now karwa chauth and Diwali falls in October. Here we will tell you handy recipe of Coconut or Nariyal Burfi at home. It made with minimal ingredients and its great. There is no particular time to make Coconut or Nariyal Burfi at home. You can prepare on festivals as well as ordinary days. We can also make this for children for satisfy their sweet craving.
If you look for easy sweets recipes then it can be done in few minutes. This coconut burfi stays good for almost a week so you can prepare in advance in keep it or you can store this burfi in fridge too. This coconut burfi is pure white and its taste will be different as compare to other recipes. You can taste this delicious recipe of coconut burfi at home with your near and dear ones. This is the best way to impress your relatives with homemade coconut burfi recipe.Our recipe helps you to make Coconut burfi or Nariyal Barfi at home. You can impress your near and dear ones to make this recipe and give them surprise.
Our recipe makes Nariyal Burfi so soft to bite and juicy. You might feel it looks hard but it's not hard it's just the rustic looks which I like to have so I didn't smooth the burfi well while setting, if you wish to have smooth surface then level burfi with butter paper or aluminum foil, read the instruction I have mention same there too
Ingredients Required to Make Coconut Burfi
Preparation of Coconut Burfi or Nariyal Burfi
- Heat ghee in a pan or wok and fry cashew nuts until golden brown, keep aside. Grease a plate or tray and keep aside.
- In the same thing you should add grated coconut and sugar then mix well and cook in slow to medium flame.
- Keeping stirring the mixture until sugar melts then you can see water released from coconut.
- Do constant stir until coconut mixture starts to come together. Then leave side of pan. Press coconut with your spatula to check if any water remains, if you see water then keep cooking and stirring.
- Add cardamoms or Elachi Powder, cashew nuts and mix well, you can see coconut mixture will start to change color now from pure white it will be light cream, off flame.
- Immediately pour mixture to greased plate and level it with spatula/knife or butter paper, aluminum foil. (I did it with spatula as I like the rustic look).
- Let the mixture cool a bit for 2-3 minutes and cut in desire shape when it's still warm, allow to cool completely and gently with a knife remove the pieces, invert and allow to dry
Store in air tight container.
More Helpful Resources