Search For any Recipes Around the World
How to make milk peda: Milk or Doodh peda is one of the conventional Indian desserts that is prepared on events or festivities. It is made utilizing sugar and khoa/khoya or mawa,that is made by consolidating milk for quite a while. Now you can try homemade recipe of Milk Peda. The best thing of Milk Peda is that you do not need to wait for any festival or occasion. You can easily prepare Milk Peda on any day, and have it as snacks. The drain peda formula shared here is a snappy variant utilizing dense drain and khoya without Milk Powder. Our recipe of Milk Peda is very easy and simple just try once.
This milk peda recipe was born out of few trials to bring down the sweetness to the right level. These taste great since they are made of only milk and milk solids alone and no milk powder is used.
On the off chance that you have admittance to khoya, do attempt this tasty doodh peda for Diwali, positively they make an extraordinary Diwali treat. With similar blend, you can even make Chocolate Peda and treat your children, simply include cocoa when the blend is done and massage it well.
This recipe can also be tweaked and you can avoid using condensed milk and use sugar alone. But I felt condensed milk lends a great flavor and texture to the peda. Check our recipe of Milk Peda.
Ingredients Required to Milk Peda
Preparation of Milk Peda
Defrost khoya either in microwave or refrigerator or leave it at room temperature for about 30 minutes, if you are using frozen khoya. Do not begin to heat up very cold one , sometimes this lends a bitter taste. soak saffron in 2 tbsps. hot milk. I did not use it..
- Crumble khoya and add it to a pan along with condensed milk, cardamom and or saffron milk if using.Begin to cook on a medium flame.
- After this simply constantly stirring, cook the mixture. It melts.
- Cook till the mixture thickens, while stirring constantly and becomes a mass. off the heat.
- when cooled the mixture looks smooth and slightly darker in color. It thickens as well.
Grease your palms, take small portions and make balls, slightly flatten and dent in the center. Tuck the chopped pistachios.I had set aside a part of this mixture and added cocoa. Kneaded well and made some chocolate pedas.
Preparation of Milk Peda
- Bring khoya to room temperature. Crumble and then measure.
- Add condensed milk, cardamom powder and khoya to a non-stick pan. If using saffron milk , add it now.
- Mix and begin to cook on a medium flame.
- Let it cook till the mixture thickens and becomes a mass. Overcooking could make it dry. Switch off and cool.
- The mixture looks smooth on its own, so don’t have to knead.
- Grease your palms and make balls and flatten them.
- Tuck the pistachios in the center.
- For making the chocolate peda, add 1 to 1 ½ tsps. Cocoa to the cooked mixture and knead well until blended.
- Make peda.
- Keep in Refrigerate and use it.
More Helpful Resources