Search For any Recipes Around the World
How to make Backed Gujiya - Gujiya Recipe- Gujiya is a deep fried Pastry stuffed with a sweet filling of khoya. It is very much popular in North India, especially during Diwali, karvachouth and Holi. We will tell you about how to prepare Backed Gujiya at home. Some people like to make gujiya at home and some want buy it from sweets shop. It has stuffing of Coconut, Poppy seeds, Sesame seeds and dry fruits. Basically Gujiya stuffed with dry fruits and khoya. You can easily learn how to cook Backed Gujiya at home on Diwali or Karvachauth season. With the help of our recipe of Gujiya you can make easily at home.
Diwali brings happiness and our Backed Gujiya recipe refreshes you at any time. You can make it on Karvachauth. It is very special dessert for any festival. You can make it easily at home. You can share this recipe with your near and dear ones and share your happiness with our Backed Gujiya recipe. If you look like Vegan snacks and sweets for this karvachauth and deepavali then check out this recipe we have more recipe for you. This is suitable for vegan people
Ingredients Required to Make Backed Gujiya
Ingredients Required to Make Khoya Stuffing
Preparation of Gujiya Pastry
You should take the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt in a bowl.
Now this the right time to heat ghee in a small pan or bowl.
- Now pour the ghee on the flours.
- Now you can simply rub the ghee with the flours, with your fingertips to form a bread crumb like texture.
- Now this is the time to add water in parts and begin to knead. the amount of water needed will depend on the quality and texture of the flour.
- This is the time to knead the dough till firm.
- Now you can cover the dough with a moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Preparation of Gujiya Stuffing
firstly we crumble and grate the khoya/mawa.
After crumble that material we will chop the dry fruits and keep aside.
- Then this is time to melt ½ tbsp ghee in a pan on a low flame.
- Now add the crumbled or grated khoya.
- Now you can stir the khoya continuously on a low heat.
- This is the time to cook the khoya, till it begins to gather around itself. switch off the flame and keep the pan down. let the khoya stuffing cool down completely.
- Then simply add powdered sugar, chop dry fruits and cardamom powder. better to seive the powdered sugar if there are lumps.
Backing Method for Gujiya
- Simply Preheat the Oven 200 degrees celsius or 390 degree celsius then Brush oil or melted ghee n the Gujiya evenly all over.
- Them Simply place them in a baking Tray.
- Then Bake Gujiya for 20- 30 minutes 200 degrees celcius or 390 degree till they are golden.
- Oven Temperature vary , so do keep a check while baking the Gujiyas.
- Place them on a wire rack for cooling.
- Once cooled then store the backed Gujiya in an air tight jar or box.
More Helpful Resources