Search For any Recipes Around the World
How to make Fried Gujiya - Gujiya Recipe- Gujiya is a deep fried Pastry stuffed with a sweet filling of khoya. It is very much popular in North India, especially during Diwali, karvachouth and Holi. We will tell you about how to prepare Fried Gujiya at home. Some people like to make gujiya at home and some want buy it from sweets shop. It has stuffing of Coconut, Poppy seeds, Sesame seeds and dry fruits. Basically Gujiya stuffed with dry fruits and khoya. You can easily learn how to cook Fried Gujiya at home on Diwali or Karvachauth season. With the help of our recipe of Gujiya you can make easily at home.
Diwali brings happiness and our Fried Gujiya recipe refreshes you at any time. You can make it on Karvachauth. It is very special dessert for any festival. You can make it easily at home. You can share this recipe with your near and dear ones and share your happiness with our Fried Gujiya recipe. If you look like Vegan snacks and sweets for this karvachauth and deepavali then check out this recipe we have more recipe for you. This is suitable for vegan people
Ingredients Required to Make Fried Gujiya
Ingredients Required to Make Khoya Stuffing
Preparation of Gujiya Pastry
You should take the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt in a bowl.
Now this the right time to heat ghee in a small pan or bowl.
- Now pour the ghee on the flours.
- Now you can simply rub the ghee with the flours, with your fingertips to form a bread crumb like texture.
- Now this is the time to add water in parts and begin to knead. the amount of water needed will depend on the quality and texture of the flour.
- This is the time to knead the dough till firm.
- Now you can cover the dough with a moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Preparation of Gujiya Stuffing
firstly we crumble and grate the khoya/mawa.
After crumble that material we will chop the dry fruits and keep aside.
- Then this is time to melt ½ tbsp ghee in a pan on a low flame.
- Now add the crumbled or grated khoya.
- Now you can stir the khoya continuously on a low heat.
- This is the time to cook the khoya, till it begins to gather around itself. switch off the flame and keep the pan down. let the khoya stuffing cool down completely.
- Then simply add powdered sugar, chop dry fruits and cardamom powder. better to seive the powdered sugar if there are lumps.
Fried Method for Gujiya
- First of all heat oil for deep frying in a kadai or pan.
- Then first test the temperature of oil, before frying. add a small piece of the dough in the oil. if the dough comes up gradually, then the oil is ready.
- if the dough sits at the bottom, the oil is still cold. if the piece of dough comes up briskly and quickly, the oil is too hot.
- After this just gently slid the gujiyas in oil. just add a few pieces and don't overcrowd. at a time depending on the size of the pan/kadai, you can fry 2 to 3 gujiyas at a time.
- Then now turn them over carefully as fry the other side. deep fry till the gujiyas have become golden.
- Now this the time to drain on kitchen paper tissues. fry gujiyas this way and once they are cooled completely, store them in an air-tight box.
- Finally serve them to your family and guests when required.
More Helpful Resources