Search For any Recipes Around the World
How to make Ghevar: Ghevar is very easy and delicious desert for any occasion. Our simple and homemade recipe of Ghevar makes yours all occasions wonderful and memorable. You can easily learn how to prepare Ghevar at home with the help of our tasty recipe of Ghevar. You can make this desert on any occasion. Diwali is around the corner and we are sharing easy recipe of Ghevar with you so that you can share this recipe with your near and dear ones.
You can try this ultimate recipe of Ghevar at home and impress yours relatives on occasion and make your Diwali wonderful and memorable. Ghevar is ultimate and delicious desert of any occasions. Mostly people make it on Diwali but now some people have it on any occasion. This is very simple to make and kids also have it as snacks.
Ingredients Required to Ghevar
For Syrup of Ghevar
Preparation of Ghevar
First of all Prepare sugar syrup of 1 thread consistency.
- Take solidified ghee in a large wide bowl.
- Taking one ice cube at a time.Rub the ghee vigorously. Take more ice cubes as required, till ghee becomes very white.
- Add milk, flour and a cup of water. Mix to make smooth batter.
- Dissolve color in some water and add this to the batter. Add more water if required. Batter should be fairly thin (it should run off easily when poured from a spoon).
- Take an aluminium or steel cylindrical container (do not use lid). The height should be at least 12" and diameter 5-6". Fill the container half with ghee. Heat it.
When the ghee is smoky hot, take a 50 ml glass full of batter. Pour in center of ghee, slowly in one continuous threadlike stream. Allow foam to settle. Pour one more glassful in the hole formed in center.
When foam settles again, loosen Ghevar with an iron skewer inserted in hole. Lift carefully, at a slant, and place on wire mesh to drain. Keep the hot syrup in a wide flat bottomed container to fit in Ghevar. Dip Ghevar in it, and remove, keep aside on mesh to drain excess syrup.
- Alternatively, pour some syrup evenly all over, keeping Ghevar in a mesh placed over a container. Cool a little, top with silver foil.
- Splash a few drops of saffron milk, sprinkle some chopped dry fruit and a few pinches of cardamom powder.
Now you can serve this desert to your near and dear ones.
More Helpful Resources