Search For any Recipes Around the World
How to make Gujiya - Gujiya Recipe- Gujiya is a deep fried Pastry stuffed with a sweet filling of khoya. It is very much popular in North India, especially during Diwali, karvachouth and Holi. We will tell you about how to prepare Gujiya at home. Some people like to make gujiya at home and some want buy it from sweets shop. It has stuffing of Coconut, Poppy seeds, Sesame seeds and dry fruits. Basically Gujiya stuffed with dry fruits and khoya. You can easily learn how to cook Gujiya at home on Diwali or Karvachauth season. With the help of our recipe of Gujiya you can make easily at home.
Diwali brings happiness and our Gujiya recipe refreshes you at any time. You can make it on Karvachauth. It is very special dessert for any festival. You can make it easily at home. You can share this recipe with your near and dear ones and share your happiness with our Gujiya recipe. If you look like Vegan snacks and sweets for this karvachauth and deepavali then check out this recipe we have more recipe for you. This is suitable for vegan people
Ingredients Required to Make Gujiya or Backed and Fried Gujiya
Ingredients Required to Make Khoya Stuffing
Preparation of Gujiya Pastry
You should take the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt in a bowl.
Now this the right time to heat ghee in a small pan or bowl.
- Now pour the ghee on the flours.
- Now you can simply rub the ghee with the flours, with your fingertips to form a bread crumb like texture.
- Now this is the time to add water in parts and begin to knead. the amount of water needed will depend on the quality and texture of the flour.
- This is the time to knead the dough till firm.
- Now you can cover the dough with a moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Preparation of Gujiya Stuffing
firstly we crumble and grate the khoya/mawa.
After crumble that material we will chop the dry fruits and keep aside.
- Then this is time to melt ½ tbsp ghee in a pan on a low flame.
- Now add the crumbled or grated khoya.
- Now you can stir the khoya continuously on a low heat.
- This is the time to cook the khoya, till it begins to gather around itself. switch off the flame and keep the pan down. let the khoya stuffing cool down completely.
- Then simply add powdered sugar, chop dry fruits and cardamom powder. better to seive the powdered sugar if there are lumps.
Assembling and Preparing Gujiya
Now this is the time to divide the dough into two parts.
Now you can simply make a medium log of each part and slice it into equal parts.
- Then roll each part in your palms to make balls and place all the balls in the same bowl. cover with a moist kitchen towel.
- Now you can dust the rolling board lightly with some flour. roll each ball with the rolling pin to a small circle having 4 to 5 inches diameter. don't add too much flour while rolling. if you can roll without the flour, then it is better.
- With the help of your fingertip, apply water all over the circumference edge.
- Now place about 1 tbsp or 1.5 tbsp of the khoya filling on one side of the circle, keeping edges empty. don’t add too much of stuffing as then its difficult to shape them and the gujiya may break in the oil.
- Then carefully, bring together both the edges and join. gently press the edges.
- Now with a small gujiya cutter or pizza cutter, trim the extra edges. when doing this method, its very important that the gujiya is pressed & sealed well. avoid this method if you plan to fry the gujiya. if baking then method is good. as even if the filling comes out, you don't have to worry as there is no mess
- However, its best to make pleated design at the edges. this way the stuffing does not come out while frying and the gujiyas look good too. just keep on folding and twisting the edges till the end.
- Now you can prepare gujiyas this way and arrange them on a plate or tray. cover the guijyas with a moist napkin so that the dough does not dry out.
Two Types Of Gujiya
More Helpful Resources