Search For any Recipes Around the World
How to make Gulab Jamun : Gulab Jamun is one of the best and popupal sweets or desert in India. There are so many ways to make Gulab Jamun at home. People learn how to cook Gulab Jamun at home. It is the most common sweet to celebrate any occasion whether its small or big Gulab Jamun is must. We will tell you simple and easy recipe of Gulab Jamun. You easily try this recipe at home and impress near and dear ones. Authentic Gulab Jamun is prepared with Khoya. Nowadays mostly people use milk powder Gulab jamun in short of khoya.
If you want to make milk powder Gulab Jamun then it’s also very easy. Milk powder balls fried until golden brown and soaked in sugar syrup. Simple, easy to prepare Gulab Jamuns is treating to eat any time hot, warm, and cold or at room temperature. If you want to make your party great then serve warm Gulab Jamun with vanilla ice cream to you and your guest or family members. They will love it to core.
You can also check How to make Rasgulla.
The best thing about Gulab Jamun is that you can have it in dessert, after any meal, anytime, anywhere, we don’t need specific time, occasion to have this sweet. You can add this recipe in your Diwali menu and bring happiness on your friend or family friends’ face. Our easy recipe of Gulab Jamun makes your day special and you can enjoy your with this simple, best and popular sweet
Ingredients Required to Gulab Jamun
Ingredients Required for Sugar Syrup or Chashni
Preparation of Gulab Jamun
- Prepare sugar syrup for that in a large vessel or pan add sugar, water and bring it good boil. You can add cardamom powder and rose water if using and keep boiling until syrup starts to get thicken and we get 1 thread or string consistency, remove any scum and off flame.
- Take a bowl and milk powder then mix, Maida, Baking soda as well. Add butter or ghee and try to rub with palms to combine it well with flour mixture.
- Add milk in small quantity and make soft pitiable dough or Atta. Now you need to knead with the help of palms for 4-5 minutes to make it smooth, cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Now you should divide dough in equal pieces almost 25-30 and make smooth balls. This is the right to heat oil or ghee in a wok, first drop only one Gulab Jamun or small pieces fry to check if oil is hot enough, when dropped in oil Gulab Jamun it should take a minute to rinse in oil. If in case of oil is too hot then wait to make it cool.
- Now simply deep fry 6 or 7 prepared balls/Gulab Jamuns in low to medium flame until dark brown. Keep stirring or rolling regularly so Gulab Jamuns gets brown evenly. Do same for rest of Gulab Jamuns /balls.
- Allow fried Gulab Jamun to cool for 2-3 minutes then drop in prepared sugar syrup and allow soaking minimum 30 minutes. Garnish with almond or pista slivers if using.
Serve warm, cold or at room temperature and enjoy irresistible Gulab Jamuns.
More Helpful Resources