Search For any Recipes Around the World
How to make Suji Rawa Laddu : Rava Ladoo, Rava Laddu, Rava Laddoo, Rawa Ladoo or Sooji Ka Laddo how ever we call this delicious, super easy and ever green rava ladoo it's one of the popular laddoo variety. Now with the help of our simple and easy recipe of Sooji or Rava Laddu you can make laddu at home. Our homemade recipe of Sooji Laddu is very easy and simple you easily try on festivals. Made with minimal ingredients like rava (semolina), little of ghee (use oil for vegan version), sugar and dry fruits, we make this ladoo with minimal ghee and we use water instead milk as binding agent to shape the ladoos too so it we can store these ladoo for longer time.
Best thing about this Sooji or Rava Laddu recipe is that you can make any time, you no need to wait for any festivals. Diwali is around the corner now and you can easily make it on this occasion. Some people learn how to prepare Sooji or Rava ladoo, we have special recipe for you. Now you can make it at home very easily. On this festive season you easily make special sweets or deserts for your near and dear ones. You can make you Diwali wonderful with the help of our delicious Recipe of Sooji or Rawa Ladoo.
Rava or Sooji ladoo is one laddu that I make the most often especially during Diwali and during my India trips whether I am at in-law's place or my parents place we also make 2-3 kgs of this delicious rava ladoo on my nibbling request. These Ladoos are very easy to prepare and can be done in no-time of course when we are making in large batches then it does time to roll the Ladoos. There are few varitions we can do with these ladoo like we can use milk instead of water as I have used in this recipe or add ghee to bind ladoo which makes it more tasty of course
Ingredients Required to Make Sooji Ladoo
Directions to make Sooji Ladoo
First of all grind sugar and cardamom seeds into fine powder, keep aside.
Now this is the time to heat one 1 tbsp ghee or oil in a pan or wok and fry cashew nuts, raisins until golden brown and keep aside.
- Add remaining ghee to kadai (wok) and roast sooji until light brown and aromatic, keep stiriring always so sooji/rava doesn't get burnt. Allow roasted sooji to cool a bit and grind into fine powder half of roasted sooji.
- Heat water or milk until warm. In a wide bowl add powder sugar, half of roasted sooji, powdered sooji, fried nuts and mix well.
- Take rava mixture, in a bowl warm water, in another bowl cold water and desiccated coconut to start making ladoos. Once rava cool a bit to handle, add little warm water in a portion of rava and mix well. Take a small portion of rava mixture and roll into ladoos, place prepared ladoo over desiccated coconut and roll water to cover all sides of ladoo with coconut. Once all the wet mixture is used, add water in small quantity in another portion of rava, mix and make ladoo, repeat same for rest.
- If the mixture is hot to handle, dip hand in cold water bowl and make ladoo.
- Store in air tight containers, this Ladoo stays fresh in room temperature for almost 2 weeks.
Enjoy the healthy, guilt-free sweet this Diwali.
More Helpful Resources