Search For any Recipes Around the World
How to make Chicken Marbella: Chicken Marbella is very easy and delicious recipe to make. You can easily make Chicken Marbella at your home. Our easy recipe of Chicken Marbella is very delicious recipe. It will change your mood and make your Christmas or New Year eve special and memorable. It is the most famous dish to come out of the best and most famous dishes of Christmas and New Year Eve. So if we think what makes Chicken Marbella so famous and special? Well, it is best for starters. In starts Chicken should be tender and juicy. So yes this is the perfect meal for snacks or dinner. It is also incredibly easy to make.
Before we get to the step by step instructions, let’s talk about the ingredients.
- Most of the preparation is done the day before, you simply rub the chicken with marinate, toss in some capers, olives and prunes, and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, you douse it with white wine, sprinkle some brown sugar over top, and bake it.
Ingredients Required for Chicken Marbella
Preparation of Chicken Marbella
In a large bowl combine garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to taste, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers with caper juice, and bay leaves. Add the chicken pieces and coat completely with the marinade (use your hands to rub marinade all over and especially under the skin). Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in two 9 x 13-inch baking dishes and spoon marinade over it evenly. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with brown sugar and pour white wine around them.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting occasionally with the pan juices. Chicken is done when thigh pieces, pricked with a fork at their thickest point, yield clear yellow juice (not pink).
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken, prunes, olives, and capers to a serving platter. Add some of the pan juices and sprinkle generously with parsley.
- Serve remaining sauce in a gravy boat. (Alternatively, you can brown the skin and de-fat the gravy before serving.
- Here's how: When the chicken is done, transfer chicken, prunes, olives and capers to a serving platter, then pour the gravy into a medium bowl and let the fat settle at the top.
- In the meantime, place the chicken back in baking dishes and broil for a few minutes to brown the skin.
- While chicken is browning, de-fat the gravy. Transfer chicken pieces back to serving platter and pour some of the gravy over top. Serve remaining sauce in a gravy boat.) Serve hot or room temperature.
- Note: You can substitute all white or dark meat depending on what your family likes. I've also seen appetizer versions made entirely with small drumsticks and wings.
More Helpful Resources